INSTAGRAM

Instagram

Saturday, April 13, 2013

MOTHER AND DAUGHTER

 
Me and my darling girl during one of our holidays....totally loving it!





When my mother told me "A child will only feels a mother's pain when she has becomes a mother herself" some 30years back does not register into my brain at all.


It does now and it is registering and printing every word she told me into my stubborn brain.

Raising a teenager is challenging but naturally as a mother, I am also loving every moment of it.

I has always thought that I am a totally confident person when handling difficult situation.

Everything crumble when I was faced with sticky problem arising from our mother and daughter relationship.

It does not help either when I am now in my fifties and she turning thirteen where both of us are having hormonal issue. Me on the withering end while she's going into full bloom.

Hormonal changes has made me a fussy, sensitive and teary person while she is fun free, careless and also non engageable at times.

So you can see the clash on our personal view when dealing with everyday issue.

Well, a mother's got to do what a mother does best, take a deep breath and count to ten every time I have something to comment about her.

Come to think about it, it is a good remedy for my impatience personality.

I have to admit that every time I have achieve this feat, I feel so superior.... :)

There is no doubt that I have change to a better person (not that I am a bad person before) and I have also learn a lot from parenting.

My daughter's favorite hobby...cosplaying
Learning that I have to keep myself undated about her school happening, her ever changing thoughts, sharing her interest and hobbies although sometimes I am clueless about it and of course when she is sad, I will want to be the first person to hug and comfort her although she had always hide her feeling from me and being a teen, she would not want all those hugs and kisses anymore...and I really miss that awfully.
Photo of mom with her bff when she was sweet 18 (2nd from left)

Motherhood has also made me a softies. Every time after reprimanding her for her misdeed, I will feel so sorry so much so that I wanted to hug her and tell her everything is fine.

Guess that's natural  for all mothers to feel the heartache and I bet mine also feel the same way for me when I was a trouble and rebellious teenage daughter myself.
My family celebrating mom's 89 years old birthday...

Well, it's never too late for me to shower my mom with love and teach my daughter what my mom has taught me.

Happy Mother's Day ... it's a wee-bit too early but I guess it's fine.












.














2 comments:

  1. Really lovely post from a mother... I wished I could too know what my mother really think of me as her daughter... :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. Your mom is one of the best mom I've known. I always remember the first day you went to daycare, she was so worried and keep on assuring herself you will be alright. She could not stop talking how you were crying and inconsolable. Everybody only has one mother, treasure and love them for their faults and flaws for a mother's love to her child is unconditional.

      Delete