INSTAGRAM

Instagram

Sunday, April 14, 2013

OUR BELOVED FLUFFY

It took me nine months to take up the courage to write about our pet rabbit, Fluffy.

I took it badly when Fluffy died on the 7th August 2012 and the sight or mentioned of rabbits would break my heart.

So I have been avoiding this topic for a long while until now.

Fluffy came into our life when she was just a baby and a very mischievous one but she is also one weird rabbit that makes a lot of funny strange noise.
Fluffy doing her usual inspection in the house..

That prompted me to google up on rabbits behaviour and soon learn that the sound she made depends on her mood and thumping her back feet means danger....of course the danger that she sense is always the neighbor's cat :D !

And also thanks to Fluffy that I got myself a new set of curtains as she also loves to chew on things that is within her reach.

So very often I have to get the electrician to change the wiring on our electrical appliance also because that's her favorite meals.

Of course I was furious with her for causing all the damages in the house but that would not last long.

One look at her lovey dovey eyes will just melt away all the anger....
Fluffy & her young master.

We also have a habit of pampering her by giving her human food because we know she got bored with rabbit pellet and carrot.

On the night of  5th August 2012 when we came back from our late dinner, I sense something was not right with Fluffy.

Usually she would be standing up and begging for food but she was not moving at all and upon nearer inspection, I found that her hind legs was limp and she was dragging it.
Fluffy in her favorite position.

As it was already midnight, we have to wait until the next day to send her to the veterinarian.

It seems that she has injured her spine. She was given an injection to ease the pain and to relaxed her muscle and we were told to wait for about  a week to further assess her condition.

Day 2 after her injuries she is still eating and drinking a little but into day 3, she was totally not taking in anything at all and I knew she was giving up.

My heart break to see her so helpless and in such pain. We knew that we have to do what is  best for her.

On Tuesday morning, on 7th August 2012 at 11.00am, we took Fluffy to the vet. She sat in my arms as she got the shot, and we chatted until she fell asleep. Then I held her while the vet gave her a second shot that put her to sleep forever. It was peaceful and Fluffy did not suffer but that day I could not stop my tears.

To make sure that Fluffy will be always happy in everland, we buried her in a huge grassy field where she will be able to hop freely and happily forever.

GoodBye my little furry pet.. Fluffy...my heart still ache for you while writing this♥ ♥ ♥







No comments:

Post a Comment