INSTAGRAM

Instagram

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

JUDGEMENT OVERKILL




My daughter feels stress out whenever we have a family gathering.


My husband family....his sisters and brothers with their spouse and children.

You see, there is this particular aunt who loves to pass unkind judgment on the youngsters except her own.

We are all judgmental. Yes, even you. I certainly am and many times too.. I think it,s human nature.


My family....

But be careful, do not overkill it.

These young's  may have forgotten how to live outside of electronic gadgetry and high-end coffee shop or those who really want to live like those awful reality show personalities calling everyone "babe" or "darling"

Think about it for a second.  Do not pass judgment on people based on their looks or actions without making an effort to understanding them or see whether our judgment is right or wrong. We were young once.....


Niece, nephew, uncle and aunt celebrating Chinese New Year in harmony...

As aunt or uncle, we don,t have to be as hip as  them and neither do we demand that they bow down to us just so we are older but instead we should try to communicate and understand each other by building a bridge between two human beings.

The kind aunt may have good intention but probably did not realize that she is overdoing it and everytime when there is a family gathering, the kids will avoid her like she has some kind of contagious disease.


Fooling around...who says there's generation gap...

Rambling aside, after talking to my daughter, I have to re-assessment myself to make sure I am not another annoying agony aunt.

Of course I would be a damn hypocrite if I deny that I have not step over the line sometimes in my entire life but for now, the young ones have not treated me like a diseased aunt yet......


"Be curious, not judgmental" - WALT WHITMAN

















No comments:

Post a Comment